Busted for Buying Seeds Online
Busted for Buying Seeds Online — If you have questions or hesitations about buying seeds online, don’t worry – you’re not alone! Ordering seeds can be confusing, from knowing where to order from, what to order, and how.
The Paradox of Ordering Seeds Online
Technically, it is illegal under federal law to transport marijuana or any of its derivatives like leaves or seeds over state lines. Marijuana is still a Schedule I drug under the Controlled Substance Act, but legal states create a “seed paradox” to this law.
Cultivators need to get started growing somehow, especially if their state is new to legalize. So, how are they supposed to get started? The only option to buy cannabis seeds online or pick some up from a local US seed bank. Lawmakers have acknowledged this paradox and have even admitted that the laws surrounding cannabis encourage people to break them.
This vague, legal grey-zone is a common theme in the cannabis industry, and to deal with these outdated laws. There is an unwritten “don’t ask, don’t tell” policy when it comes to getting started.
Risks of Ordering Seeds
In reality, the chances of getting busted for ordering seeds online is meager. According to online forums, the worst that has happened after ordering seeds online is instead of receiving their seeds. They got a letter informing them that someone confiscated their package. No police ever showed up to their doors or asked them to come to the station.
Additionally, since weight determines the charges with cannabis, the punishment for possessing seeds would be incredibly low, as a packet of seeds weighs next to nothing.
These relaxed laws have created a sense of confidence and safety for people who order seeds and a consensus that seed confiscation ranks low on the list of offendable charges.
It’s Unlikely You’ll Get Busted for Buying Seeds
According to online forums, it’s almost unanimous – you can order seeds to your house using your own name and by using your credit or debit cards. There’s no need to get money orders or pre-paid cards (unless you really want to). Some hesitant folks advise using a different name on the shipping address, or shipping to a different house.
However, this could pose more problems. What if you’re not home when the seeds are delivered? Then, when you go to pick up your package at the post office, your name isn’t listed on the item? The best course of action is to order it like how you’d order anything else.
Most inquiries about ordering seeds on online forums happened in 2016 or earlier. Since then, more states have legalized, and the attitude towards cannabis has lifted significantly. No one got busted for ordering seeds in 2017 or busted for ordering seeds in 2018. Since then, the likelihood has decreased even more.
How to Avoid Getting Busted for Buying Seeds Online
The first step in growing is to check out the cannabis cultivation laws in your state. Most legal states allow residents to grow several of their own plants in their homes.
For example, in Alaska, Colorado, and Washington D.C., you can have enough seeds to have six plants going, with three of them in their flowering stage. In New Mexico, you can have enough seeds to have sixteen plants growing at one time.
Some countries sell their seeds for “souvenir” purposes to avoid some legal hurdles. You can always order seeds as a souvenir or as fishing bait or bird food from within the United States. Just make sure you know the genetics of those seeds, which brings us to the most important part of buying seeds online – always order your seeds from a reputable source to ensure quality genetics.
How to Buy Seeds Online
To avoid getting your package confiscated in the mail and confidently know what kind of seeds you’re getting, you’ll want to order from a reputable US seed bank.
At Greenpoint Seeds, we offer discrete, stealth shipping worldwide. With our reliable shipping and payment policy that accepts credit cards, cash, or bitcoin, you can confidently place orders. We offer a large selection of both femininized and regular seeds of only the best available genetics with a 90% germination rate.
Wherever you plant Greenpoint Seeds, they will grow, regardless of the scale of your operation or your growing experience. If you’re interested in getting started with your next grow, Contact Us to learn more about the detail of our products and services.
Do you have any stories about ordering seeds online? Comment to share your experience!
Busted for Buying Seeds Online — If you have questions or hesitations about buying seeds online, don’t worry – you’re not alone! Ordering seeds can be
TOP 7 BEST CANNABIS SEED BANKS 2021 (all ship to USA)
#1 Best Cannabis Seed Bank 2021: ILGM – I Love Growing Marijuana
I Love Growing Marijuana (ILGM) by Robert Bergman is a popular online marijuana seed bank that offers their own strain varieties for sale, totaling to 120 fem and auto seed packs. A great resource for beginner growers, the website contains more than 500 growing articles and 200 grow guides. ILGM seeds are a bit pricey; however, guaranteed to germinate. Delivery is also guaranteed—seeds are shipped daily to all U.S. states and arrive fast, within 2–10 days. Credit cards, debit cards, bank transfer and cash payments are accepted, or pay by Bitcoin for a 10% discount. The 17,000+ I Love Growing Marijuana reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.7-star “Excellent” rating. Shipping is 100% free to the U.S. on all orders.
Seedsman – Cannabis Seeds for Sale since 2003
Seedsman is a long-time trusted cannabis seed bank with a massive selection. Buy feminized seeds, regular seeds and autoflowering seeds from 129 top breeders at bargain prices. The Seedsman website is secure and well categorized to help you find the right marijuana seeds for your grow. Pay by credit card, debit card, bank transfer, cash, check, money order or use Bitcoin for 15–25% off every order plus an even greater free seed bonus. Stealth packaging, fast shipping to the USA and worldwide. Over 18,000 Seedsman reviews on Trustpilot add up to a “Great” 4.2-star rating. Check the sale page to find the latest seed packs marked down in price.
MSNL Cannabis Seeds – Buy Quality Marijuana Seeds
MSNL, dubbed the best marijuana seed bank since ’99, sells their own versions of over 200 popular cannabis strains. Find feminized, regular and autoflower seeds for sale at fair prices. Every purchase gets a minimum of 5 free seeds, up to 10 max. Worldwide stealth delivery. The seeds arrive discreetly packaged to U.S. addresses in about 6–12 days. Accepted payment methods include credit/debit card, bank transfer, cash, international money order or Bitcoin for 15% off. More than 4,500 reviews on Trustpilot give the MSNL seed bank a 4.1-star “Great” rating. Free shipping on all orders over £55 ($70).
Crop King Seeds – Marijuana Seed Bank
Crop King Seeds has been in the marijuana seed bank business for over 15 years selling marijuana seeds to customers around the world. 500 new varieties of feminized, regular and autoflowering seeds make up the Crop King Seeds strain catalog, all sold under their own brand. Payment is done by Visa, Mastercard or Bitcoin. The marijuana seeds are shipped discreet and delivered fast, arriving to the U.S. within 2–7 business days. More than 3,500 Crop King Seeds reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.2-star “Great” rating. Free shipping on all orders over $200.
Herbies Seeds – Cannabis, Marijuana, Weed Seeds
Herbies Seeds sells a large variety of the best cannabis strains from the most respected international cannabis seedbanks. Shop feminized, regular and autoflower seeds for sale as singles and seed packs. Free cannabis seeds are sent with all orders. U.S. shipments are delivered in approximately 5–8 days. Your seeds will be concealed in merchandise. For maximum confidentiality, opt for the stealth shipping option. Pay with credit/debit card, bank transfer or Bitcoin. The 2,500+ Herbies Seeds reviews on Trustpilot give a 4.6-star “Excellent” rating. Incremental discount and bonus seeds deal.
Seed City – Buy Marijuana Seeds online
Seed City sells new and rare cannabis seeds from over 200 breeders. Seeds are shipped to every country in the world including the United States, sent in crush-proof tubes and concealed inside of a gift. U.S. shipping takes about 7–15 days to delivery. What sets Seed City apart are the niche breeders, huge selection of over 5,000 single seeds, option to pick your own free seeds and 22 language translations including Russian, Japanese, Thai and more. Pay by credit/debit card, bank transfer, cash or use Bitcoin for a 10% discount. The 1,000+ Seed City reviews on Trustpilot make a 4.8-star “Excellent” rating (more Seed City reviews can be found on seedfinder.eu). Sign up on the site for non-stop giveaways.
Tiger-One Distribution – Wholesale Bulk Cannabis Seeds
If wholesale bulk cannabis seeds is what you’re looking for, Tiger-One Distribution is the main source of it all. Whether you’re looking to start your own seed bank or just obtain a large supply for production, Tiger-One Distribution supplies the cannabis seeds sold by many popular retail and online seed banks. Worldwide stealth shipping. In order to buy from the Tiger-One website you need to apply for a wholesale account where you’ll be asked to fill in the details about your business reselling or agricultural use.
What seeds to buy? Cannabis seed banks typically categorize the seeds by sex, genetics, breeder, strain name and plant traits.
Cannabis Seeds by Sex
- Regular Seeds: Grow both male and female cannabis plants. The males are culled in sensimilla (seedless bud) production. Regular seeds are the best choice for breeders. They have sustained the cannabis genus through its natural evolution.
Read—Top 15 Best Regular Seeds
- Feminized Seeds: Grow only female plants. This is accomplished by breeding two female cannabis plants together. The resulting seeds can only inherit two X chromosomes—meaning all female plants. Feminized seeds are great for growers with strict plant limits and for cloning. Read—Top 15 Best Feminized Seeds
Cannabis Seeds by Genetics
- Sativa Seeds: Grow into tall plants with slender, elongated branches, sharp leaves and large colas. Sativa originates from subtropical/tropical zones including Africa, Southeast Asia, South & Central America. The plants have a naturally long flowering cycle that’s often over 10 weeks. Resistant to molds and diseases, sativas are great outdoor climate strains. They can grow to over 15 feet tall! High THC and THCV content. People who enjoy a stimulating “head high” effect prefer sativa cannabis. Read—Top 25 Best Sativa Seeds
- Indica Seeds: Grow short plants with fat leaves, thick stems and a stocky structure. Indica originates from temperate zones such as Afghanistan, Pakistan, India, Nepal and Morocco. Traditionally used to make hash, indica cannabis is the real deal dank—super sticky and dense. Indica grows like a bush and can produce large yields in a small area. The plants have a fast flowering cycle. They may require a low humidity climate to avoid mold problems. High THC and CBD content. People who want a relaxing “body high” stone prefer indica cannabis. Read—Top 25 Best Indica Seeds
- Hybrid Seeds: Grow crossbreeds of indica and sativa, in countless combinations. Hybrid cannabis seeds are able to grow tall sativa trees that produce the dank, heavy buds of an indica. Hybrid cannabis strains are by far the most popular category of cannabis seeds sold on the market today. They come in all different plant sizes, flowering times, yields, aroma, flavors, cannabinoid contents and effects. Read—High Yield Seeds List
- *Autoflowering Seeds: Grow plants that flower automatically (non-photoperiod). The seeds may be either feminized or regular. Autoflowering varieties are made with ruderalis genetics, resulting in seeds that will bloom under any amount of light—including 24 hours/day. Auto strains stay short and finish their life cycle fast, some at under 60 days from seed. They benefit from long light hours per day to produce a decent harvest weight. The plants can be spaced closely, as in SOG or SCROG cultivation methods. Autoflowering cannabis seeds are used often by indoor cash croppers, who cycle them indoors for perpetual harvests. Read—Top 15 Best Autoflowering Seeds
☺ Cannabis seeds are also categorized by their unique traits such as high THC strains, high CBD strains, high yield strains, landrace genetic strains, inbred line strains, award winning strains and more.
Read—Mold Resistant Seeds
What’s the best way to pay?
Payment methods include secure debit card and credit card processing, check or postal money order, cash in mail, bank deposit/wire transfer and the preferred option—Bitcoin.
Using Bitcoin or other cryptocurrency is the safest option available for buying cannabis seeds online. It’s also a great way to get bigger discounts and additional free seeds with your order.
Can I use prepaid credit cards or cash-fill cards?
If you are a United States customer, you need to be aware that most American prepaid cards cannot be used with international merchants. Many of the best seed banks are located in the U.K., Europe and Canada. Paying for your order by prepaid card might not work.
Can I get seeds delivered to any country?
All of the best seed banks on this list provide worldwide shipping services and yes, accept U.S. customers. Your parcel is rapidly dispatched by mail to the United States of America, United Kingdom, Europe, Canada, Australia, or anywhere else you are in the world. Check their shipping/delivery information page for more specific details.
What will my bank statement show?
Charges made through your bank are discreet, and don’t include words like “seed”, “cannabis”, “marijuana”, etc. Contact the seed bank company for a more direct explanation regarding their payment processing.
Is my payment information safe from online theft?
You can verify a secure connection by looking at the site’s SSL certificate, indicated by a closed padlock in your browser’s address bar. A SSL secure checkout encrypts your payment data, protecting you from online cyber-theft while you make a purchase.
⚠️Beware of scams and fake seed banks
Reputation goes a long way in the cannabis community, and rip-off scam artists get called out quick. Here’s a review list containing over 100 seed bank websites that customers comment on freely.
The WORST cannabis seed banks
👎will not reply to inquiries
👎sell non-authentic seed varieties
👎send bunk or old seeds
👎refuse refunds or reshipment
👎use non-secure payment processing
👎late or no delivery of seeds
The BEST cannabis seed banks
👍provide a working telephone number with a real support team
👍sell authentic seed varieties from breeders
👍send properly maintained seeds in good condition
👍provide terms of refund or reshipment
👍use a SSL-secured checkout
👍deliver seeds on time
Additional links & resources – Seedsman
Disclaimer: Know your countries laws and regulations before purchasing cannabis seeds online. Many seed banks sell cannabis seeds as collectibles, souvenirs or for scientific study purposes. Germination of seeds in conflict with your federal and local laws is strictly prohibited. We do not advocate breaking any laws.
- 20 FASTEST Flowering Strains to Grow from Seed
- 21 Cheap Weed Seeds $7 and Under
- 22 Best PURPLE Cannabis Strains to Grow from Seed
- 23 EASIEST Strains to Grow Outdoors & Indoors for Beginners to Experts
- 24 Best LANDRACE Cannabis Strains to Grow from Seed
- TOP 25 BEST INDICA STRAINS 2021
- TOP 25 BEST SATIVA STRAINS 2021
- Top 15 Best Regular Seeds
- Top 15 Best Feminized Seeds
- Top 15 Best Autoflowering Seeds
- Top HIGH YIELD Strains List: Indoor & Outdoor Seeds
- TOP 25 BEST GROW TENTS 2021
- TOP 25 BEST LED GROW LIGHTS 2021
- 21 New Best Marijuana Strains for 2021
Cannabis Seed Banks that Ship to USA and Rest of the World. FREE SEEDS are given away at every seed bank on this page. Go now